The Administrative Assistant assists the Project Engineer, Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, Project Accountant or Project Executive in performing the administrative requirements of a project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answer phones, take and forward messages – may answer routine questions or follow-through on routine requests.
- Open, date stamp, and distribute mail. Organize per supervisor’s direction. Maintain required records for supervisor and/or department.
- Maintain/order sufficient stock of office supplies and other materials required for functions performed by your supervisor or department.
- Assist in the procedures used at the start of a project as listed on the Project Start-Up Checklist:
- a) Type, distribute and monitor all subcontracts and requirements (bonds, insurance requirements, etc.).
- b) Enter project budget data
- c) Any other tasks that may be required in association with the project, i.e. compiling and routing Change Requests and Change Orders.
- Create and maintain filing systems. Photocopy documents as required.
- Run and distribute project reports as needed.
- Maintain jobsite meeting calendars.
- Process vendor payments and subcontractor billings for approval by the project manager. Verify subcontract amounts and change order amounts, and call subcontractors that are missing invoices.
- Oversee and/or process payroll for staff and craft personnel, also track attendance and accident reports.
- Track and prepare Owner billing applications.
- Create and maintain logs for tracking outstanding items as may be required.
- Assist in tasks required at the completion of a project as listed on the Project Close-Out Checklist:
- a) Filing of Notice of Completion (if required by Prime Contract).
- b) Request, monitor and submit close-out binder of warranties, manuals, as-built drawings, inspection cards, Certificates of Occupancy, city stamped drawings, etc.
- c) Prepare the files for archiving.
- d) Assure proper subcontractor final contract amounts.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Effective written and oral communication skills are required. Excellent organizational skills and an ability to handle multiple tasks are critical. Proficiency in MS Office Suite and enterprise software is required. Good listening skills and the ability to understand and follow directions. High energy level to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. An ability to interact well with others is extremely important.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of four years in an administrative support position or equivalent is preferred. Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school is preferred.