The Estimator provides and/or coordinates full estimating services on large, complex work and all types of contracts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-estimate meetings, analyze request for proposals to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Provide complete conceptual and final estimating input on complex projects.
- Provide technical support to personnel preparing discipline estimates for assigned bids.
- Insure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures.
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures.
- Assist contracting department during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
- Track awarded contracts as required – may include estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credit; procuring materials on major work items.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Must have ability to prepare complex proposals with minimum of supervision. Must possess strong client relations, effective interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must be detailed, highly organized and focused. Proficiency in computer applications is required. Thorough knowledge of estimating techniques, engineering disciplines, and sub-trade is required. Ability to estimate all types of projects/contracts, plus ability to coordinate group work effort essential.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
4-year degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred. 3 – 5 years of experience in estimating and 8 – 10 years in the construction industry is preferred.