Human Resources Administrator
The Human Resources Administrator directly assists in performing the administrative functions within Human Resources, including implementation of new HR initiatives, projects and technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
General HR Administration
- Assist with new hire onboarding, including equipment requests, welcome e-mails, collection of new hire paperwork and scheduling of onboarding sessions
- Assist with recruiting and coordination of candidate interview process
- Keep updated personnel and benefits files, as well as ensuring compliance with personnel policy and Form I-9 regulations
- Run motor vehicle reports for all approved drivers
- Coordinate pre-employment drug screening for all new hires
- Review invoices and process payments for HR-related items
- Respond to all requests for verification of employment
- Update employee records & enrolls employees with benefit carriers (includes year-end open enrollment processes and data entry)
- Administer HR Benefits information site on company intranet; make updates as needed
- Review invoices and process payment for the company’s group benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans; and other vendors
- Coordinate health & welfare deductions with Payroll team
- Process education assistance reimbursement requests
- Forward information about terminated employees and overage dependents to COBRA administrator
- Administer annual ACA reporting
- Assist with all HR audits and information requests, including non-discrimination testing
PROBLEM SOLVING RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform the responsibilities and duties effectively, the individual must be able to analyze situations and determine if they have enough information and/or authority to make recommendations for resolution. Recurring problems should be referred to the HR Manager.
Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff. Attention to detail, organizational skills and an ability to handle multiple tasks are essential to perform effectively in this position. The individual should be a self-starter, and have the ability to take ownership of a task from start to finish. A high level of trustworthiness is essential, as they will handle sensitive and confidential information. Practical proficiency in business software such as Windows OS, HRIS, and MS Office Suite is preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Accounting, or related field is preferred. Two to three years experience in human resources and/or administrative support is preferred.