Project Engineer provides technical support to and under the direction of the Project Manager and Superintendent. A Project Engineer’s primary obligation is project document control; additionally, the Project Engineer should gain competence in project administration, cost control, and scheduling tasks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain the project document control system. Review project specifications, calculations and drawings in order to comply with the contract requirements.
- Initiate new Requests for Information as well as review subcontractor Requests for Information. Prior to transmitting to the design team, review architectural and consultant design intentions and format question appropriately.
- Review subcontractor submittals and developing procurement logs for conformance with contract documents, forwarding submittals to design team, maintaining status logs, and tracking submittal responsiveness.
- Provide quantity takeoffs of materials to Project Manager for cost control, billing and estimating duties.
- Review subcontractor pricing by analyzing it with historical and current market data.
- Assist Superintendent in maintaining project schedule and developing filtered schedules, as well as generate drawings for ease of installation and QA/QC in the field.
- Review ongoing construction work and maintain project as-built drawings.
- Review and track project close-out requirements, gather and compile all project close-out documents.
- Review project specifications and review with subcontractors, such that close-out documents comply with all specification requirements.
- As needed by project, BIM coordination with MEP detailers for constructability, aesthetics and code compliance.
Basic understanding of project document control, enterprise software applications, budget/commitment differentiation, cost control procedures. Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year engineering or business degree or equivalent-related experience, plus experience and knowledge of construction and design.