Stanford University – Memorial Church Restoration

The Stanford Memorial Church was originally constructed in 1905, destroyed in the 1906 earthquake and completely rebuilt in 1913. Hathaway Dinwiddie performed a complete seismic upgrade and full restoration of the Church. This project included extensive coring and doweling into the existing masonry, extensive plaster patching and restoration of the historic mosaic artwork. Hathaway Dinwiddie self-performed shoring and bracing, and all poured-in-place concrete and carpentry work.

PROJECT SIZE

12,000 sqft

ARCHITECT

Hardy

LOCATION

Stanford, CA

CLIENT

Stanford University

YEAR COMPLETED

1992